- The Alpha DAC Series 3 uses advanced technology from the award-winning Alpha DAC Reference Series 3 to provide sonic excellence never before possible at anywhere close to the price of the Alpha DAC Series 3.
- Compare the Alpha DAC Series 3 with an Alpha USB noise isolation interface to any DAC available at any price and you will be amazed by their audio quality.
- The Alpha DAC Series 3 replaces the Alpha DAC Series 2. However its audio quality and technology are much closer to the Alpha DAC Reference Series 3. The Alpha DAC Series 3 includes MQA Rendering capability.
- Excellent PCM audio quality from 32kHz to 192kHz
- Excellent MQA Rendering quality to beyond 384kHz
- Ultra-low phase noise conversion clocking
- Outputs can connect directly to power amplifiers
- All metal Series 3 IR Remote Control
Berkeley Alpha DAC Series 3 Controls & Indicators
- Input selects AES, SPDIF1, SPDIF2 or Toslink inputs
- Lock LED indicates input signal lock
- HDCD LED indicates HDCD code detected
- Phase sets absolute phase
- Invert LED indicates absolute phase inverted
- 3 digit LED display of Stereo/L/R attenuation, Sampling Rate and Filter type
- ± controls set attenuation level and select Filter type
- Mode selects Stereo/L/R attenuation, Sampling Rate and Filter type display modes
- Dim selects multiple display brightness levels
Berkeley Alpha DAC Series 3 Specifications
- Input sampling rate: 32kHz to 192kHz
- Input word length: 24-bit
- Ultra-low phase noise Precision Clocking at 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates ± 100 ppm
- Two channel analog stereo outputs: XLR balanced with pin 2 positive and RCA unbalanced
- Digital Inputs: AES – XLR, 110Ω; SPDIF1 – BNC, 75Ω; SPDIF2 – BNC, 75Ω; TOSLINK – Toslink optical connector
- MQA rendering automatically detects MQA Core decoded signals and performs MQA rendering to 384kHz and above
- HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
- Multiple digital filter options
- Balanced analog output level: +18dBu (6.15Vrms) maximum, +12dBu (3.1Vrms) or lower recommended
- Unbalanced analog output level: 3.25Vrms maximum, 2Vrms or lower recommended
- Digital volume & balance control: 0.1dB/step with .05dB/step L/R gain trim, 60dB range
- Frequency response at ≥ 88.2kHz sampling rates: ± 0.1dB from < 0.1Hz to 35 kHz, - 3dB at 59kHz for 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates
- Distortion at recommended levels: all products ≤ -120dBFS
- THD+N at maximum level: < -110dBFS
- Firmware is upgradeable through signal inputs
- Enclosure dimensions: 2.3”H X 16.7”W x 10.6”D
- Weight: 11.6 lbs.
- Mains power: 100/120/240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 25W
Request an Audition
Hear the Berkeley Alpha DAC Series 3. Request your audition today!
Call us at (703) 532-7239, e-mail us at [email protected], or use the form below. We are committed to a no-pressure environment and to providing the very best in customer service before and after you make your choice. We look forward to seeing you!