Naim NAC 282 Preamplifier
Step up from the NAC 202 and you arrive at the outstanding NAC 282, which includes the NAPSC power supply unit optionally available on its sibling.
The NAPSC independently powers the Naim NAC 282 preamplifier’s digital and control circuits, leaving its audio circuits to either the power supply of a NAC 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier, or to one of our standalone FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap power supplies. The result is even greater transparency and superior musicality plus, of course, all the flexibility you’d expect from one of our preamplifiers.
Technology & Craft
Low resonance circuit boards and anti-vibration, resonance control feet maximize isolation, hence minimizing the effects of microphonic vibration on the highly sensitive electronic components.
The Naim NAC 282 preamplifier features a silent microprocessor that sleeps during listening and controls all aspects of the amplifier. Optical protection circuits continuously monitor the power supplies ensuring safe shut-down in the event of a power cut.
A user configurable ‘Smart IR’ system remote control is supplied. Two of the six inputs on the Naim NAC 282 can be configured either as the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, or for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non-Naim cables and components to be used. A dedicated unity-gain input is provided for use with the Naim AV2 processor or similar.
Technical Features | Naim NAC 282 Preamplifier
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- Silent microprocessor control that sleeps during listening
- Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
- Performance upgradable with FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap power supply; can also be powered from the preamp inputs of the NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier